Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Little Background

Alright, so I know I am not doing a good job at keeping up my other blogs but this one has a point (other then keeping friends and family abreast of the happenings in our household). I have weight to lose, it's no secret. I figure if I write about it, it will help keep me accountable for losing the weight (since I know you are reading) and if I lose it, it will give me something to blog about! It's a win-win situation... right?

Weight has been a struggle for as long as I can remember. I was a size 16 my junior year of high school and kept it there for a couple years, going up to an 18 and then back down to a 16 right when I met Anthony. I was back at an 18 in June of 2007 and then got pregnant with Aidan. I gained 50 lbs and after giving birth was a size 22. Well, my size 22 jeans are getting snug.... ugh! Around my waist that is, they fit elsewhere. Not to mention I topped the scales at 280.

OMG! almost 300 pounds, never in my life did I EVER think I would reach that point. EVER! I was a cheerleader and certainly a party girl. Since when do the 300 pound girls party and shake their pon-poms in short skirts????

I keep telling myself it's time to lose the weight. Afterall, I have a toddler to keep up with. I'm tired of being short of breath, not being able to shop for clothes in the "regular" stores, spending more money on those "plus sized" clothes, being uncomfortable, and the "looks". Not to mention that I weigh 120 pounds MORE then my fiance who can't put weight on but keeps losing it... jealous? YES!

There are things I would like to do: like sky dive (which has a weight limit), have another child (more on this later) and actually fit comfortably into things (like the rides at the fair, etc). Of course, smaller jeans, breathing easier, being more comfortable in my own skin and chasing my son down without breaking a sweat would be nice.

As for more kids. We have finally come to the decision that once I have met my weight and we are financially ready, we will start trying to have another child. YAY! I am excited and I think that is probably my biggest motivating factor. I must point out, this does NOT mean tomorrow, or next month... but when we are READY for another child.

Look for another post tomorrow for more on the start of my weight loss!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Ashley!! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you put your mind to it, keep positive and motivated you can do anything. Take it slow, be patient with yourself. Make sure you can continue with your workouts and better eating for the rest of your life....that's how I did it. Best of Luck, let me know if I can help you out with anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley, I just came across you weight loss blog. You are already doing great and I know you will just keep going in that direction. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete